1 package cooked Tinkiyada gluten-free elbow noodles
2 cups milk separated into 1.5 and .5 cups
4 Tbls tapioca starch
1 tsp mustard powder
salt and pepper
plenty of shredded cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- Cook the Tinkiyada noodles according to package instructions.
- When the noodles are about 5 minutes from being done, start on the sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together the .5 cups milk with the tapioca starch until combined and not lumpy.
- Heat 1.5 cups milk over a medium heat until it starts to steam slightly.
- Mix the starch/milk mixture into the milk on the stovetop and add in the mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Throw in as much cheese as you want and continue to stir as the cheese melts.
- Go crazy with the cheese, and just watch as the sauce thickens. If it gets too thick, add more milk.
- Mix with the noodles, and enjoy!
You can also throw in peas, tuna, salmon, and any other interesting add-ins you'd like. This freezes really well, which is what I've done for Shavuot.